The Everglades Day Safari offers an in-depth, naturalist-guided day trip into the majestic Everglades! Includes an airboat ride, nature walk, mangrove wilderness boat ride and a delicious lunch!
Everglades Day Safari from Miami
Pick-Up Available From the Dolphin Mall in Miami
- Tour 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
What to Bring
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Insect repellant (if needed)
- Adults 16+ per person
- Kids 6-12 per person
- Kids 13-15 per person
- Private tour Groups of 2-10 people
Everglades Day Safari Adventure Details
- Round-trip transportation from the Dolphin Mall in Miami to the Everglades in an air-conditioned custom tour van.
- A well-educated, highly-trained naturalist guide.
- A nature walk under the canopy of towering bald cypress.
- A scenic boat cruise into the Ten Thousand Islands mangrove forest in Everglades National Park.
- A delicious lunch in the heart of the Everglades.
- A wildlife drive through the pine savannas and cypress forests of Big Cypress National Preserve.
- And a spectacular airboat ride through sawgrass prairies and pond apple forests.
Our nature walk is a leisurely 1-mile stroll into the ancient cypress swamp forests of the Everglades. These freshwater areas are home to old growth bald cypress that tower of the swamp and provide homes for owls, woodpeckers, bats, and raccoons. Orchids, bromeliads, ferns, and climbing vines create a lush sub-tropical landscape like no other place in North America. Alligators and turtles nest nearby and a variety of bird species can be found under in the shade of the cypress.
Embark on a 90-minute scenic boat cruise that navigates through Everglades National Park’s mangrove estuary known as the 10,000 Islands. Dolphins, manatees, and many shore birds are often spotted throughout the back bays of Florida’s southern frontier.
Our midday meal is served in tiny town of Everglades City, renowned for its amazing seafood. Enjoy the relaxed ambiance as well as a delicious lunch with the following choices and more:
- Fried chicken strip basket
- Fried mahi basket
- Grilled or fried chicken sandwich
- Charbroiled cheeseburger
- Mahi sandwich (blackened, broiled, or fried)
- Veggie wrap
- Cheese quesadilla
- Mixed green salad topped with choice of grilled chicken, grilled mahi.
- All meals come with a soft drink, iced tea, or coffee.
Big Cypress National Preserve
This 720,000 acre primarily freshwater area is home to a vast array of plant and animal life including alligators, turtles, and dozens of species of birds. This narrated van tour takes you through the sawgrass prairies and cypress swamps where in search of seasonal wildlife that occupy this rugged environment.
Our tours that depart from the Miami area experience an airboat ride that navigates across the sawgrass prairies and pond apples sloughs of the “River of Grass” in Everglades National Park in search of alligators and a variety of birds including the rare and endangered snail kite.
- Courtyard by Marriott at the Dolphin Mall (11275 NW 12th Street, Miami, FL 33172)