The Everglades Day Safari offers an in-depth, naturalist-guided day trip into the majestic Everglades!
8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What to Bring
- Face Mask (Required in tour van regardless of vaccination status)
- Rain poncho (rarely needed)
- Insect Repellant (rarely needed)
- Naturalist-guided transportation from the Fort Lauderdale area in an air-conditioned tour van
- Adults Ages 16+
- Young Adults Ages 13-15
- Children Ages 4-12
- Private Tour Base price includes 6 people
- Additional Passengers For private parties larger than 6 people
Captain Bob’s Excellent Airboat Adventure (from the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area)
- Our naturalist will pick you up in our 13-passenger, air-conditioned tour van and narrate the tour out to the Everglades. You will learn about the history of the area as well as the conservation status of one of the world’s most unique and imperiled wilderness areas.
- Upon arrival at our destination, guests board an airboat that will navigate the “River of Grass” portion of Everglades National Park! During your airboat ride you’ll see alligators and a beautiful variety of unique birds that may include roseate spoonbills, great egrets, wood storks, purple gallinules, snail kites, and more.
- How much do you know about alligators? How long can they stay underwater? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? Learn all about the crocodilians of Florida in this exciting and educational gator show.
- Stroll through the park and explore the wildlife exhibits accompanied by your guide and take a short boardwalk through a pond apple forest. Captain Bob’s Excellent Adventure is fun for the whole family!