Explore the Eastern Everglades with an exert naturalist! Guided transportation from the Fort Lauderdale area, educational gator show and an airboat ride in Everglades National Park!
Everglades Day Safari - Pick-Up Available From The Greater Fort Lauderdale
An in-depth day tour that explores the 4 main ecosystems of the Everglades!
- Fort Lauderdale:
- Tour 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Pick-ups: 7:15 a.m. – 8 a.m. (Approximate)
- Drop-offs: 5 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Approximate)
What to Bring
- Face Mask (Required when in tour van regardless of vaccination status)
- A camera
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Insect repellant (if needed)
- Adults 16+ per person
- Kids 6-12 per person
- Kids 13-15 per person
- Private tour Groups of 2-10 people
Everglades Day Safari Adventure Details
- Round-trip transportation from the greater Fort Lauderdale area to the Everglades in an air-conditioned custom tour van.
- A well-educated, highly-trained naturalist guide.
- A nature walk under the canopy of towering bald cypress.
- A scenic boat cruise into the Ten Thousand Islands mangrove forest in Everglades National Park.
- A delicious lunch in the heart of the Everglades.
- A wildlife drive through the pine savannas and cypress forests of Big Cypress National Preserve.
- And a spectacular airboat ride through sawgrass prairies and pond apple forests.
Our nature walk is a leisurely 1-mile stroll into the ancient cypress swamp forests of the Everglades. These freshwater areas are home to old growth bald cypress that tower of the swamp and provide homes for owls, woodpeckers, bats, and raccoons. Orchids, bromeliads, ferns, and climbing vines create a lush sub-tropical landscape like no other place in North America. Alligators and turtles nest nearby and a variety of bird species can be found under in the shade of the cypress.
After a visit to the historic Smallwood’s Store Museum in Chokoloskee, the 60-minute scenic boat cruise navigates through Everglades National Park’s mangrove estuary known as the 10,000 Islands. Dolphins, manatees, and many shore birds are often spotted throughout the back bays of Florida’s southern frontier.
Our midday meal is served in tiny town of Everglades City, renowned for its amazing seafood. Enjoy the relaxed ambiance as well as a delicious lunch with the following choices and more:
- Fried chicken strip basket
- Fried mahi basket
- Grilled or fried chicken sandwich
- Charbroiled cheeseburger
- Mahi sandwich (blackened, broiled, or fried)
- Veggie wrap
- Cheese quesadilla
- Mixed green salad topped with choice of grilled chicken, grilled mahi.
- All meals come with a soft drink, iced tea, or coffee.
Big Cypress National Preserve
This 720,000 acre primarily freshwater area is home to a vast array of plant and animal life including alligators, turtles, and dozens of species of birds. This narrated van tour takes you through the sawgrass prairies and cypress swamps where in search of seasonal wildlife that occupy this rugged environment.
Our tours that depart from the Fort Lauderdale area experience an airboat ride that navigates across the sawgrass prairies and pond apples sloughs of the “River of Grass” in Everglades National Park in search of alligators and a variety of birds including the rare and endangered snail kite.
- Flamingo Gardens Botanical Gardens (3750 South Flamingo Road, Davie, FL)
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach (999 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Staying at one of the following locations? We can pickup you up at the front door:
- Atlantic Hotel & Spa
- B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
- Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
- Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
- Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Coconut Bay Resort Hotel
- Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale
- Deco Boutique Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
- Extended Stay America – Fort Lauderdale – Cruise Port
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
- Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
- GALLERYone – a Doubletree Suites
- Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port
- Marriott’s BeachPlace Towers
- Merriweather Resort
- Paramount Fort Lauderdale
- Pier Sixty-Six Hotel
- Pillars Hotel
- Premiere Hotel
- Ramada by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
- Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Sea Club Resort
- Silver Seas Beach Club Resort
- Snooze Inn
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- TRYP by Wyndham Maritime Fort Lauderdale
- Vacation Village at Weston
- Vacation Village Mizner
- W Residences Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort