The Everglades Day Safari offers an in-depth, naturalist-guided day trip into the majestic Everglades!
8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What to Bring
- Face Mask (Required)
- A sense of adventure!
- Rain poncho (rarely needed)
- Insect Repellant (rarely needed)
- Private Tour Base price includes 6 people
- Additional Passengers For private parties larger than 6 people
Airboat Adventure Details (departing from Greater Fort Myers Area)
- The airboat is an iconic mode of transportation that rose in popularity in the swamps and marshes of the Everglades in the 1920s. The flat-bottomed boat is propelled by either an aircraft engine or more commonly an automobile engine and can slide across shallow water, mud and for short distances, dry ground. Airboats are perfectly suited for the shallow waters of the Everglades.
- Upon arrival at our destination, you board a small airboat that navigates the headwaters of the Western Everglades on a lake filled with more alligators per acre than anywhere in the world! During this 60-minute airboat ride in the Florida Everglades, you might see a wide variety of unique birds including roseate spoonbills, great egrets, green herons, purple gallinules, bald eagles, and many more.
- How much do you know about alligators? How long can they stay under water? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? How many venomous snakes live in Florida? How many pythons are in the Everglades? Find out the answers to these and many more questions during the hands-on interactive reptile presentation.
- Back on dry ground your guide introduces you to live American alligators, kingsnakes, pythons, boas, turtles, and more. Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the reptiles that live in the Everglades.
Nature Walk (Optional)
- Take a biologist-led stroll through the pine flatwoods around the Corkscrew Swamp to a scenic overlook. Discover colorful wildflowers, butterflies, grasshoppers and watch for woodpeckers, swallow-tailed kites and other unique birds. The CREW Lands are an excellent place to get a better understanding of the fire ecology that is important to this dynamic South Florida ecosystem.
Airboat Adventure Details (from the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area)
- Upon arrival at our destination, you board an airboat that will navigate the “River of Grass” portion of Everglades National Park! During this 45-minute airboat ride you see alligators and a beautiful variety of unique birds that may include roseate spoonbills, great egrets, wood storks, purple gallinules, snail kites, and more.
- How much do you know about alligators? How long can they stay under water? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? Learn all about the crocodilians of Florida in this exciting and up-close gator show.
- Stroll through the park and explore the wildlife exhibits accompanied by your guide and take a short boardwalk through a pond apple forest. Captain Bob’s Excellent Adventure is fun for the whole family!