The Everglades Day Safari offers an in-depth, naturalist-guided day trip into the majestic Everglades!
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
What to Bring
- A camera
- A sense of adventure!
- Rain poncho
- Bug spray
- Adult (16 & Up)
- Young Adult (13-15)
- Child (5-12)
Fort Myers Wildlife Adventure Details
- The airboat is an iconic mode of transportation that rose in popularity in the swamps and marshes of the Everglades in the 1920s. The flat-bottomed boat is propelled by either an aircraft engine or more commonly an automobile engine and can slide across shallow water, mud and, for short distances, dry ground. Airboats are perfectly suited for the shallow waters of the Everglades.
- Upon arrival at our destination, you board a small airboat that navigates the headwaters of the Western Everglades on a lake filled with more alligators per acre than anywhere in the world! During this 60-minute airboat ride in the Florida Everglades, you might see a wide variety of unique birds including roseate spoonbills, great egrets, green herons, purple gallinules, bald eagles, and many more.
- How much do you know about alligators? How long can they stay under water? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? How many venomous snakes live in Florida? How many pythons are in the Everglades? Find out the answers to these and many more questions during the hands-on interactive reptile presentation.
- Back on dry ground your guide introduces you to live American alligators, kingsnakes, pythons, boas, turtles, and more. Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the reptiles that live in the Everglades.
Fort Lauderdale Wildlife Adventure Details
- Upon arrival at our destination, you board an airboat that will navigate “River of Grass” portion of Everglades National Park! During this 45-minute airboat ride you see alligators and a beautiful variety of unique birds that may include roseate spoonbills, great egrets, wood storks, purple gallinules, snail kites, and more.
- How much do you know about alligators? How long can they stay under water? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? Learn all about the crocodilians of Florida in this exciting and up-close gator show.
- Additionally, you stroll through the park and explore the wildlife exhibits and take a short boardwalk through a pond apple forest. Captain Bob’s Excellent Adventure is the ultimate wildlife tour in the Everglades and it’s fun for the whole family!