Learn about local wildlife and more!
- Ft. Lauderdale:
- Tour 7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Pick-ups: 7:15 a.m. – 8 a.m. (Approximate)
- Drop-offs: 5 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Approximate)
What to Bring
- Face Mask (Required)
- A camera
- A sense of adventure!
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Insect repellant (if needed)
- Private Tour Base price for 1-4 people
- Additional Passengers per person
Everglades Day Safari Adventure Details
- Round-trip transportation from the greater Fort Myers or greater Fort Lauderdale area to the Everglades.
- A well-educated, highly-trained naturalist guide.
- A nature walk under the canopy of towering bald cypress.
- A scenic boat cruise into the Ten Thousand Islands mangrove forest in Everglades National Park.
- A delicious lunch with alligator appetizers.
- A wildlife drive through the pine savannas and cypress forests of Big Cypress National Preserve.
- And a spectacular airboat ride through sawgrass prairies and pond apple forests.
Our nature walk is a leisurely 1-mile stroll into the ancient cypress swamp forests of the Everglades. These freshwater areas are home to old growth bald cypress that tower of the swamp and provide homes for owls, woodpeckers, bats, and raccoons. Orchids, bromeliads, ferns, and climbing vines create a lush sub-tropical landscape like no other place in North America. Alligators and turtles nest nearby and a variety of bird species can be found under in the shade of the cypress.
After a visit to the historic Smallwood’s Store Museum in Chokoloskee, the 60-minute scenic boat cruise navigates through Everglades National Park’s mangrove estuary known as the 10,000 Islands. Dolphins, manatees, and many shore birds are often spotted throughout the back bays of Florida’s southern frontier.
Our midday meal is served in tiny town of Everglades City, renowned for its amazing seafood. Enjoy the relaxed ambiance as well as a delicious lunch with the following choices:
- Fresh fried oyster basket
- Fresh fried shrimp basket
- Fried chicken strip basket
- Fried grouper basket
- Grilled or fried chicken sandwich
- Charbroiled cheeseburger
- Grouper sandwich (blackened, broiled, or fried)
- Veggie wrap
- Cheese quesadilla
- Mixed green salad topped with choice of grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, or grouper.
- All meals come with fresh Florida gator appetizer and a soft drink, iced tea, or coffee.
Our wildlife drive ventures into the sawgrass prairies and open savannahs of the “Big Cypress,” a 720,000-acre National Preserve in the Everglades. This primarily freshwater area is home to a vast array of plant and animal life including alligators, turtles, and dozens of species of birds. You never know what will show up on our Everglades Wildlife Drive!
Our tours that depart from the Fort Lauderdale area experience an airboat ride that navigates across the sawgrass prairies and pond apples sloughs of the “River of Grass” in Everglades National Park in search of alligators and a variety of birds including the rare and endangered snail kite.