The Everglades Day Safari offers an in-depth, naturalist-guided day trip into the majestic Everglades! Includes an airboat ride, nature walk, mangrove wilderness boat ride and a delicious lunch!
8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
What to Bring
- Face Mask (Required in tour van regardless of vaccination status)
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Insect Repellant (rarely needed)
- Naturalist-guided transportation from the Fort Myers area in an air-conditioned tour van
- Adults Ages 16+
- Young Adults Ages 13-15
- Children Ages 4-12
- Toddler/Infant Ages 3 and younger
Captain Bob’s Excellent Airboat Adventure (from the Greater Fort Myers Area)
- Our naturalist will pick you up in our air-conditioned tour van and narrate the tour out to the Everglades. You will learn about the history of the area as well as the conservation status of one of the world’s most unique and imperiled wilderness areas.
- Upon arrival at our destination, guests board an airboat that will navigate the pond apple swamps and marshes of the Western Everglades! During your airboat ride you’ll see alligators and a beautiful variety of unique birds that may include roseate spoonbills, great egrets, wood storks, purple gallinules, snail kites, and more.
- How much do you know about snakes, turtles and alligators? What’s the difference between venomous and poisonous? How long can alligators stay underwater? What’s their life expectancy? How fast do they grow? When is nesting season? What’s the difference between gators and crocodiles? Learn all about the reptiles of Florida in this exciting and educational interactive reptile presentation!