Since 1992, the Everglades Day Safari has offered the finest ecotours in Florida. We have always valued the importance of protecting our natural and cultural heritage and operating our tours in a sustainable fashion. We feel it is the responsibility of tourists and tour operators to protect what we have for future generations.
- The Everglades Day Safari is the only certified safari by the Florida Society for Ethical Ecotourism.
- We are the only van tour permitted to operate in Big Cypress National Preserve.
- We are a locally owned company.
- We offer small, personal tours.
- We have never and will never feed or harass wildlife.
- We employee Florida-born guides who have strong ties to the Everglades.
- Our tours are fun, educational and one-of-a-kind.
The Florida Society for Ethical Ecotourism began as a grass roots effort in Southwest Florida in 2000. It has grown into a statewide organization that champions the ideal of sustainable ecotourism. They offer education programs for the general public as well as programs designed to help tour operators function at the highest levels. The Everglades Day Safari began the process in July of 2012 and we are very proud to say that on December 4th, 2012, we became a Florida SEE GOLD Certified Ecotour Operator! Click here to find out more about our award, the certification process and Florida SEE.
Additionally, Florida SEE has developed a rigorous certification and recognition program that tour operators can voluntarily participate in with the end goal of achieving a metal status depending on the level to which a company goes above and beyond what is reasonably expected of an ecotour company.